Motivation is like nutrients; we need nutrients in our body on a daily basis to survive, same goes to motivation. The motivation we had yesterday cannot carry us out of today’s challenges and difficulties of life. Also, what motivates you to take action A might not be enough to motivate you into taking action B, C, D, etc. I bet you have in your quiet time used the phrase ‘I need motivation’ more than once.
There is no problem with you saying ‘I need motivation’ as that is just natural to do. Problems only come when all you could do is mere wish without proportionate action to back up your wish. One fact is that we all need motivation and another fact is that it is not all of us that know how to find motivation. Finding motivation is an art that every individual must learn in order to be successful in life. Subsequent paragraphs of this article will be giving additional tips on how to find motivation.
HOW TO FIND MOTIVATION
- Reading quality books: reading can be a source of motivation when directed well. Yes, when directed well. You don’t read negative books and expect to find motivation from them. Inspiring and spirit lifting books are what you should read in order to get motivated into action. I remember what happened to me after reading a page from ZIG ZIGLAR’S bestselling book: OVER THE TOP on the day I lost one of most treasured belongings. I felt as though the world has ended but was quickly revived after reading that page of OVER THE TOP.
- Seeing the end from the beginning: I am not by any means saying that you should turn into a witch or wizard so that you can see the end from the beginning. All I am saying is that the mere act of anticipating the end from the beginning of a venture can help spur you into action. This technique works well when they are based on you anticipating positive outcomes. You sure don’t need a prophet to tell you that you will further lose motivation if you imagine evil and negative things.
- Finding your purpose: finding the reason behind what we do and what we stand for is a powerful way of motivating ourselves into doing things that are beyond our widest imagination.
- Seeking help and counseling: we all need help in times of trouble and tribulation. No man is an island on its’ own. Do not hesitate to seek help when the need arise, care should be taken so as not to get advice from quark source.
- Working on the basis of love: imagine seeing your loved one asking you to help save his or her life. Will you tell him or her that you are weak and tired of helping when you know that not rendering a helping hand will result into untimely death of the individual in question.
- Helping others: you will be surprised at the amount of energy that will come into you if you genuinely desire to help people. The joy that comes from being called a helper will ignite your moving force that will in turn, power on the light of motivation that has probably been lying idle in you for some time. Think of it this way; what is it that motivates you to help an opposite sex in need? Don’t tell me the answer is not; so that she/ he can see me as a nice person that is ever ready to help. Apart from the joy that comes from helping others, the material rewards that sometimes accrue to helpers also acts as motivating factor.
Notice however that motivation is not a precision and definite science that is exact in nature. It takes a little tweaking of circumstances to truly find answer to your quest for motivation. And avoid these five reasons for losing motivation.